Monday, July 26, 2010

Fingerprints & other details...

Just a quick update (two posts in one day - wow!!) to say that I finally got a letter from USCIS today regarding my fingerprints. They failed again. Stinks. So now I need to get my prints taken here, and send those off to Oregon State Police. It should take about 2 weeks once I send them in, for me to get the clearance letter I need from them. (Thankfully I've only lived in one city for the last 5 years, so I only need to deal with one office!) Then I send that letter back to USCIS so that they can process our application. This is really becoming frustrating!

We also were able to talk to our adoption lawyer this evening and found out that the process in Congo is currently taking longer (as we had heard). From everything I heard today, I don't really expect us to be able to go get the babies before the end of October at the earliest. Please keep praying for the process to go smoothly and as quickly as is possible. Pray for our foster family, too, as good things are going on for them, but our babies add a lot to the mix! And speaking of our foster family, let me just say again how GREAT they are, and how blessed we are to have them!!

In addition to a longer time frame, we also found out that there are a lot of new costs with the new way things are being processed in Congo. And more time means more foster care money, as well. We are trying to trust God with all of this, and remember that He will help us to complete what He has called us to do. It really is amazing how much peace comes from simply knowing that we are acting within the will of God. The good thing that we learned from our phone conversation today is that when we finally do get to go get the babies, we should only be there for a matter of days. A lot of the footwork that parents in the past have done, will now be done through a representative. Being there for a shorter time really helps with my peace of mind about both of us travelling (which I really feel is necessary with two new-to-us toddlers flying halfway around the world!!) and leaving Megan behind. So I guess there's the silver lining in the increase in waiting time and expenses. It helps to find one. =)

No comments: