Monday, July 26, 2010

Judgement Day!!

Yay!! We've just received word that we got our judgement today for our babies. After a 3o day appeal window, they will be legally ours!! I can't even describe how happy and excited I feel. I think this news makes me finally feel legit - like I can start planning for them and thinking of them as "ours". Maybe it's a little like getting past that 1st trimester when you're pregnant? I know with Megan I didn't really want to plan much until getting past those 3 unstable months.

So now, during this appeal window, our lawyer in Congo will be working on getting the documents we need for them to come home. Also, on the US front, I still haven't heard any news about my second set of fingerprints. I'm hoping this is good news, since when I failed last time I had a failure notice and new appointment letter within 2 weeks. Zach's additional documentation that was required was due yesterday, so hopefully all of that is being processed now and we can get things moving again!

Noah and Lauren are still doing really, really well. =) They have both more than doubled their weight from when they first entered foster care - I think they are at 23 & 24 pounds, now. They continue to make great progress in catching up to where they should be developmentally. I've been told that Noah is pushing out a whole bunch of teeth right now - poor guy! And they are both getting close to walking, especially Lauren. It has been so much fun to Skype with them and see all the progress that they are making. They are both saying a few words (including mama and daddy which is just the BEST!) and again I think of how blessed we are that they are in an English speaking home. I know it will help with their transition immensely.

So, it's a good day for us!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Wonderful news!!!!! Doing a happy dance for your family!

HCullett said...

That is GREAT news!!!! We will keep praying that the rest will go smoothly!!!

Missy @ finding bright spots said...

That is awesome!!!! Congratulations, mama!!!

Wendy Temple said...

I am so thrilled for you guys!!! Still praying until those babies are in your arms.

Carrie said...

Wonderful news! Hope the fingerprinting works out! The twins are absolutely gorgeous!