Sunday, September 5, 2010

I Am the Girl.

I am the girl who checks the ingredients, soaks the grains, makes extra trips to buy the raw goat’s milk, and eats fermented cabbage.

I am the girl who doesn’t plan dinner, has pizza delivered, asks her husband to get ice cream, and eats pizza for breakfast the next day.

I am the girl who makes her dishwasher detergent, compares homemade deodorant recipes, mops with vinegar, and fills the recycle bin quicker than the garbage can.

I am the girl who throws away vegetable scraps, doesn’t recycle the messiest containers, prefers paper towels to rags, and can’t imagine using cloth diapers when the twins come home.

I am the girl who is the good mom.

I am the girl who is the bad mom.

I am the girl who loves, listens, encourages, gives generously, is patient, and is thoughtful.

I am the girl who whines, criticizes, is stingy (especially with food), wants too much alone time, and is irritable.

I am the girl who freaks out, clings needily, frets and strives but doesn’t accomplish, spins her thoughts round and round her head, and can’t understand why she’s being unpleasant.

I am the girl who finally prays and hears God say, “Peace.”

I am the girl who knows she’s imperfect, yet perfectly loved, and that she’s in progress, but getting there.

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

4 comments:

Julie www.aboutourhouse.blogspot.com said...

i love you, girl! i'm right there with you!

Wendy Temple said...

I love this! I can relate to many of the things you wrote. Thanks for your honesty and authenticity.

Felicia Durling said...

beautifully written.

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

Yep, I'm "that girl" too friend! beautiful post. Really enjoyed your update from abroad too! Praying for you. Peace and comfort. xoxo